Monday, July 19, 2010

The last bite......or at least for a while.

As Zach and I embark on our final days living in Bloomington, we've been trying to eat at some of our favorite restaurants. Although we don't have tons of cash to be spending on meals out, we have been trying to spread out the love at the best value places we have here. One of those places is the Runcible Spoon, http://www.runciblespoonrestaurant.com/, on 6th street. This is probably my favorite, if not second favorite place to eat in Btown. They serve breakfast all day long, and have GREAT prices on lunch and dinner items ($10.95 for grilled salmon, veggies, and potatoes??? Hell yes!).

Even though we enjoy lunch and dinner here, the the majority of the time we are coming for breakfast. Zach had his usual eggs benedict, however he has also gotten the corned beef hash (just as it sounds, but you can also add 2 eggs on top, yummmmy!) when he's feeling extra naughty lol.

I enjoyed my favorite breakfast in all of Bloomington, the Veggie Bennie. It's pretty much an eggs benedict with sauteed tomato and spinach instead of ham. I also get the hollandaise on the side so that I can control how much I use. Along with a nonfat cappuccino this is my absolute favorite way to start off the weekend (it's also GREAT hangover food).

Zach and I will certainly miss the tasty and affordable food that we have at our fingertips in Btown, but we are also very excited about discovering new restaurants in Boston. Follow me as I explore the city of Boston and it's culinary offerings throughout the next few months!

No comments: