Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Try, try again!

As you have obviously noticed, I have not been very consistent in my posting for my "blog" (if that's what you choose to call it). Although I had high hopes for the outcome of such an edeavour, I sadly was not able to continually update this as much as I wanted. Actually, this blog was started out of necessity for a cognitive psychology class during my Junior year of college (you'll notice the random posts about preferential looking and symantic ambiguity from earlier). After passing the class and still having access to a blog, I decided to use the space as a place to update friends and family on my travels abroad during the summer of 2009. As I arrived in Florence for the beginning of my 2 month adventure, I blogged excitedly about what I was seeing and doing. I, again, had high hopes for blogging and continuing the process. However, I only made it through one post and completely abandoned what I had planned on doing, once again =(. So, I am here today to start up this challenge once again. I hope you stay tuned in to witness this act of perseverance and motivation.

And what kind of reading materials should you expect to find on such a publication as this? Well, I absolutely love food. I think about it, read about it, plan my day around it, and socialize around it ALL day long. Anything from recipes, nutrition, cooking successes, cooking failures, nutrition policy, public health, food culture, restaurant reviews, beer and wine suggestions, etc. will be included here. I'm not out to impress you or preach to you. I'm just here to publish some of my own thoughts on the types of subjects that I read about all the time.

So I encourage you to follow me and my posts if you love reading and talking about food. I would appreciate any suggestions also. My email is hackermm@umail.iu.edu.

No comments: